We run regular booze and cured meat tasting evenings for our curious customers (check them out here on our meatschool page) and we’ve taken the liberty of collating some of what we’ve learned into a specially curated tin stuffed with wine and meat for pairing. You are very welcome indeed. Two exceptional classic French wines paired with two meats per bottle to get your party started. Get a pal round and start swilling, devouring, sniffing and enjoying. Cheers!
- Sancerre ‘Blancs Gateaux’ 2015 Domaine Tinel-Blondelet (half bottle)
- Chateau Bellevue 2012 A.C. Bordeaux (half bottle)
- Cannon & Cannon selects range: Welsh Salami with Veal, Pork, Sage & Thyme (60g): Made by Trealy Farm Charcuterie in Monmouthshire, the Veal is from Bocaddon Farm, and mixed with pork, sage and thyme.
- Capreolus air dried beef (sliced) (50g): Capreolus are the award winning Dorset charcuterie, and their beef is from the silverside of grass fed Aberdeen Angus cows – a superb but delicate beefiness is the amazing flavour here.
- Cornish Charcuterie Seaweed and Cider (whole) (65g): Made by Cornish Charcuterie near Bude, this salami is hand crafted on the farm using their own rare breed Lop pork and Cornish beef. The seaweed is gathered off the coast of St. Ives and they use locally produced North Coast Cider.
- Trealy Farm Charcuterie Welsh Lamb Merguez Salami (80g): Made by Trealy Farm Charcuterie in Monmouthshire, this clean, lemony salami is made from Welsh lamb, with subtle use of herbs and spices. Has a beef casing.
- Rosie’s Bread and Butter Pickles (270g): Made in Wiltshire, this outstanding Bread and Butter Pickle is a traditional recipe that preserves a taste of summer. Cucumbers and onion are preserved in cider vinegar, sugar and a little spice to give a fresh crisp taste. There is no bread or butter in it!
- Popti Sea Salt Savoury Thins (120g): Crisp and buttery artisan cornish sea salt crackers that go with everything! They suit hard and soft cheeses, pates, rillettes… and are dangerously moreish all by themselves!