We’ve pulled out all the stops for this fine collection of cured meats and classy snacks that shows off the enormous talents of the charcutiers now working across the length and breadth of the UK. What’s more, we’ve brought everything together in a sleek and festive gift tin. (Wicker + straw = very 2018 😉 )
- Cannon & Cannon selects range: English Salami with Rare Breed Pork, Seaweed and Cider (60g): Made by Cornish Charcuterie, this salami is hand crafted on the farm using their own rare breed Lop pork and Cornish beef. The seaweed is gathered off the coast of St. Ives and they use locally produced North Coast Cider.
- Cannon & Cannon selects range: English Chilli Chorizo with Rare Breed Pork (60g): Made by Cornish Charcuterie, this chorizo is made with Cornish Lop Pork and spiked with chilli flakes.
- Cannon & Cannon selects range: Scottish Venison Salami with Green Peppercorns (60g): Made by Great Glen Charcuterie, this moist, lean salami is made with wild red deer, whole green peppercorns, a little spice and lightly oak-smoked.
- Capreolus smoked mutton (sliced) (50g): Capreolus are the award winning Dorset charcuterie, and their smoked mutton is from sheep bred in Dorset and the West Country and is cured with rosemary, juniper, garlic, black pepper, and port. It is then air-dried before being smoked over beech wood.
- Capreolus air dried beef (sliced) (50g): Capreolus are the award winning Dorset charcuterie, and their beef is from the silverside of grass fed Aberdeen Angus cows – a superb but delicate beefiness is the amazing flavour here.
- Great Glen Charcuterie Chilli Venison Chorizo (whole) (65g): Great Glen Charcuterie is in the heart of the Highlands, near Fort William, and their Chilli Chorizo is a lean, moist salami made from wild red deer, with spices, a little chilli and lightly oak-smoked.
- Blood, red wine and chocolate salami(whole) (80g): Made by Trealy Farm Charcuterie in Monmouthshire, inspired by the Mexican ‘mole’ which is usually some form of bean casserole in combination with chorizo, blood sausage and dark chocolate as well as many other possible ingredients.
- Moons Green Mushroom and truffle salami (whole) (65g): Made by Moons Green in Kent, this particular sausage uses French ceps and truffle oil for a beautifully balanced, earthy undertone. There’s a lot going on here, but it’s subtle, rather than in-your-face as some truffle flavoured products can be. Savour it with your favourite claret or craft beer.
- Lishman’s Nduja (140g): Made in Ilkley in Yorkshire. Pronounced un-doo-yah (although a lot of us like to call it Nudger too!) this is a soft spreading salami with Italian origins. It is seriously spicy; seasoned with cayenne pepper and chilli and has a wonderful melting quality.
- Highland Charcuterie Venison, Elderberries and Islay Whisky Pate (160g): Isabelle and Richard who own the award winning Highland Charcuterie are masters of their art in both soft and hard charcuterie. They are small scale but are winning awards left right and centre for their exceptional produce, which speaks clearly of the wonderful surroundings in which they live and work.