Everyone deserves a little bit of luxury at Christmas.
But here at Cannon and Cannon, we believe that there are some small producers who also deserve some praise and recognition.
The quiet champions and hidden artisans. The people who go the extra mile to create food and drink, that is not only unique, individual and quirky. But also, supremely delicious.
So, without further ado, may we introduce our Heroes of Craft.
- Rouge du Grappin: From two organically certified parcels in Nyons, southern Rhone. Harvested by hand, destemmed and both syrah and grenâche grapes fermented in the same concrete tank. After two months we continued aging in old Burgundy barrels for another six months. It’s typical of Côtes-du-Rhône but with the lightness of the Le Grappin style.
- Ellis Cheese: Some would call it an experiment; others would say its a designer cheese. This is a one off, made in a moment of anarchy by the cheesemaker who periodically ignores the rule book and makes something different – because he can! This is Ellis, a lovely young fresh, light yet robust, tangy Cheshire/Wensleydale like Cheese – perfect with biscuits and chilli jam!
- Moons Green Mushroom and truffle salami (whole) (65g): Made by Moons Green in Kent, this particular sausage uses French ceps and truffle oil for a beautifully balanced, earthy undertone. There’s a lot going on here, but it’s subtle, rather than in-your-face as some truffle flavoured products can be. Savour it with your favourite claret or craft beer.
- Rosie’s Bread and Butter Pickles (270g): Made in Wiltshire, this outstanding Bread and Butter Pickle is a traditional recipe that preserves a taste of summer. Cucumbers and onion are preserved in cider vinegar, sugar and a little spice to give a fresh crisp taste. There is no bread or butter in it!
- Handmade on Norton Barton Farm near Bude in North Cornwall. A cheesey cheese biscuit… delicious on their own, with mushroom pate, or along side a charcuterie platter. You could even eat them with more cheese!
- Willie’s Cacao Pure Gold: Silky, nutty notes.The silky flavours roll deep and nutty in this 100% cacao from Sur del Lago in Venezuela. In thier factory in Devon they make all their chocolate ‘bean to bar’ from the world’s great single estate cacaos.