- This event has passed.
Make Your Own Bacon
Wed 8 February @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm£75 Sold out!
Everyone loves the smell of bacon (even vegetarians). Have you thought about making your own? You should – it’s fun, rewarding and achievable at home.
Learn which pig breeds produce the most intense flavours and which parts of the glorious pig turn into the tastiest of lardons. Adrienne Treeby will introduce you to the wonderful world of wet cure, dry cure, show you how to butcher a middle of pork to suit all your bacon needs, and guide you through a number of different curing recipes and methods.
The session is based at our Borough Market HQ in Jubilee place, off Winchester Walk. It begins at 19:00 prompt and will last for a couple of hours, including:
- an introduction to rare breed pork, and discussion about what makes great bacon;
- a demonstration of how to butcher a middle of pork for bacon purposes – you’ll be invited to get involved too;
- hands-on practice of boning out and skinning pork belly and loin cuts;
- recipes and materials for curing pork belly and loin, so that you leave with some bacon to finish at home;
- a sup of beer and a bite of cured meat to round off the evening.